Friday, January 2, 2015

WHAT TO DO WHILE ON THE ROAD

The beginning of the new year brings lots of thoughts on how I will accomplish my dreams of traveling.  Included are how to increase my income and what would make me happy.
I read several blogs which describe volunteering in different national parks.  I think I would like to work in a refuge.  I like the idea of giving something back.  I love watching the birds and animals in our country and I think it would be nice to feel that I was contributing to the future.  I don't think any of the skills I've learned in my past would help other than working in a VC or office but I would be willing to learn new ways to help.  Volunteering would help me financially by providing a place to park my rv in exchange for my time.

2015 goals:
sell house
purchase a van or truck
rent a kayak
take an all day hike
hike alone


1 comment:

  1. The biggest number of volunteers are needed to keep the Visitor Center running. I've opened/closed, run a cash register, given clients information about the refuge, put incoming stock into the database, and then on the shelves, made suggestions about new items to carry, and done inventories on the stock. Then we need mowers, people to maintain trails, fences, do light carpentry, paint, and clean bathrooms. I'm willing to enter data into databases, so I spend a lot of time on that, sometimes concurrently with running a Visitor Center. I also write brochures and develop slideshows. So there are lots of volunteer jobs to keep you interested and out of trouble.

    ReplyDelete