Saturday, January 17, 2015

JANUARY 16th & 17th

Friday January 16th
Yesterday I got two boxes out of the back room before being interrupted.  I got one box emptied and will work on the second one today.  Very slow progress.
Again I spent most of the day reading travel blogs.  I'm so addicted.  I'm afraid to miss even one.  There may be some important information or pictures I haven't seen before.  One person talked about all the things she does before moving from her current camping spot.  You know all these things will need to be done but don't realize how hard it would be to remember everything.  She has been full timing for 3 months and only now feels that she has the routine down.  Still she never leaves a site without pulling forward and then double checking everything to make sure nothing is left behind and everything is secured properly.  Smart lady.

Saturday January 17th
I wrote the above yesterday but didn't post so I thought I better do that today.
I finished with the second box of books yesterday and emptied two more boxes.  Sales were pretty good but they didn't make up for the other slow days.
Today I must get all my sales for December entered and finish up the end of the year bookkeeping.  Sales tax are due Tuesday the 20th so I must get December closed out and send in my check.
There is a thrift store going in next door to me.  The manager came  in and introduced himself yesterday.  He was looking for a place to sell his overstock of books.  Ha!  Not me buddy.  The thrift store will probably run me out of here this year.  Most thrift stores charge about 50 cents per book and I have to charge 3.00 to make any profit.  This new store is a Christian based charity store so I'm sure everything will be very cheap.  While I want to close and travel anyway, I do see this as a problem because no one will want to buy the store out right when it sets next to a thrift store.
I better get off here.  I'm hoping today will be a good sales day and I have bookkeeping to do.
Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment