Wednesday, January 28, 2015

January 26, 2014
I went to the Rv show yesterday.  Spent a lot of time looking at travel trailers.  I was very impressed with the Lance.  Of course the price was outrageous. I wouldn't be able to buy a new Lance and a truck so I'll be looking for something used.
The thing I really liked about the Lance was the true 4 season pkgs.  I think I could live in this for a month in Kentucky during the winter.  Certainly not all winter but when I'm in town visiting my children.
However, looking at the amenities and storage for the smallest trailers leaves a lot to desire.  Regular cab pickup is about 19' and then the smaller trailers are about 19' so now your about 38' or 40' in length.  Increase your trailer size to 22' or 24' to add the extras you want and your over 40' in length.  This does not sound easy to drive, much less park.
We also toured some Bs and Cs while at the show.  When it comes to driving these seem much easier to handle.  Of course you lose a lot of storage area.  If I was going to keep my house I would definitely go for a B.
So much to think about.  Will I ever make a decision?
Have a great day!

January 22, 2014
Sunday my daughters, grandchildren, great grandchildren and niece came for dinner.  I love having them over.  I can't imagine not spending time with my family.  We don't get together weekly or even monthly but I love it when they can all be here.  This is what worries me about selling the house and traveling.  It wouldn't worry me if I had the money to keep the house and travel.  To go months without a visit is not a big deal but years would not be possible.  I have to work this out in my mind somehow.
My brothers and sisters are scattered all over the country and we seldom see each other.  My parents divorced and lived 1000 miles apart.  Some of us grew up in Ky and some in Fl.  We now live in KY, FL, TX, MO and KS.  Sometimes we go for years without visits.  I have nieces and nephews I've never met.  Thank goodness for facebook which has allowed me to see pictures of their birthdays and accomplishments.

1 comment:

  1. It's okay to take some time in figuring out what RV you'd want to purchase. You'll be spending a lot of time in it, so getting one that suits your needs perfectly is a must. I know you're interested in the Casita and the Nash, but they're two very different trailers with different functionalities, but both have their own specialties. In any case, I hope you find the perfect RV for you soon, Kathy. All the best to you! :)

    Liza Pilon @ Prairie City RV Center

    ReplyDelete