Wednesday, December 3, 2014

HOLIDAYS

Things I'm thankful for:
My children
My grandchildren & great grandchildren
My health - thankful for no serious illnesses
My home - warm and secure to come home after working all day.
My business - a blessing because I have the freedom to do the work I want and a curse because you can't just close a business for weeks while you travel.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
We had Thanksgiving dinner at my house this year.  We had 28 people in my small house but I think everyone had a good time.  Two of my daughters came over the night before and early on Thanksgiving day to help prep and cook.
The next holiday, Christmas, will be at my oldest daughter's house.  She has 6 almost grown children and 3 grandkids.  For years they all came to my house but the last two years we have all found it easier to celebrate Christmas day at her house and let all the kids come and go according to their work and family schedules. 
Between now and Christmas we will get together to make cookies and ornaments at my house.  Holidays with my girls and grandkids is something I would really miss if I traveled full time.  The cost of gas to come home for the holidays plus just trying to stay warm in a little trailer when the temps drop into the teens would make holidays very difficult.
I am constantly waffling back and forth, stay or go, stay or go the question never seems to end.
Back to work for now.
Happy holidays!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment