Wednesday, August 12, 2015

GETTING READY FOR 1ST CAMPIN TRIP


August 12, 2015
This past weekend I made shades for the windows in the van.  I made them from foam board that I purchased from the Dollar General store.  One of the rear ones is a little too short and would allow someone to see in between the shade and the back curtain but I'm not going to worry about replacing it yet.
This weekend I'll go to one of the state parks to try camping.  I'm going to use my couch cushions for the bed and I have rope and sheets for curtains at the front and back.  The only thing I will buy is a rechargeable LED light and a camping stove.  The camping stove is the biggest issue for me.  I can get a single burner that uses the small propane tank as the stand for $20 or should I get a two burner Coleman stove.  I worry that the single burner would not be very stable.  I haven't done anything about a canopy for shade but I've got a good idea of how I want to make it.  I just don't want to spend the money for that just yet.  This is a very cheap set up to start with.  As I'm writing this I realize I will have no where to make coffee if it is raining.  I'll have to give that some thought.  Maybe the canopy is a more important investment than I originally thought.
I have customers in the store so I must go to work now.
Have a great day!
August 5, 2015
Yesterday it rained.  I sat out on my front porch and watched the birds.  There are 6 or 7 hummers fighting over 2 feeders.   I've always liked rainy days and often took long walks during the rain.  If I was retired what would my day have been like?  How long would I have sat outside and then what?  When I got up this morning it was cool outside and the high for today was suppose to get to 80.  Another beautiful day spent inside working.  Depressing!
Reading the blogs of full time travelers fill my days.  There are those that will live their life in their van, trailer or motorhome and there are those that will eventually settle into another stick & bricks or at least park their rv on a permanent lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment