Friday, February 20, 2015

SNOW SNOW SNOW

10" of snow Monday and another 2" on Wednesday.  Not as bad as some areas but more than enough for me.  I didn't have a snow shovel so I took the broom out and swept the porch, steps and driveway.  Got my car cleaned off and went to work on Wednesday but only stayed for 4 hrs.  It was way too cold for customers.  The temps have dropped below 0.  Once it gets down to the -0 stage it all seems the same.  12 to 30 mph winds and -0 temps.
I woke up at 2am on one of these nights and thought "no one has called to see if I'm okay or if I need help".  Makes you wonder about all those children and grandchildren.  Maybe they just don't think I'm old enough to need help.  We get snow like this every 15 to 20 yrs.  If I keep this house will anyone check up on me when I'm in my 80's.  interesting thoughts.  I have 3 daughters, maybe I should have had sons then their wives could remind them to go help their mother.
While I was at home this week I worked on making some decorative kitchen towels.  I'm going to try selling them in the store, we'll see how they do.  At least it gives me something different to work on since I cannot knit anymore.  I'm not a creative person but sometimes I like to trying making things that I've seen others do.  No original ideas.
Wish I could head south to a RV show.
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment