Monday, April 9, 2018

FINALLY DID IT!

Yes I finally shut down the store.  It wasn't easy but certainly easier than I thought.  I drove myself nuts worrying about what to do with everything but it all came together.  Books were sold or donated, shelving was sold or donated, and my brother, daughter and myself ended up with a lot of wood.
Lots of books left

Books all boxed & waiting for pickup.

Empty shelving



I'll be using some of the wood for the van build out.
To start with I have a metal bed frame & I bought a twin mattress.  The mattress will need to be supported with slats which I will make from some of the wood I kept.  Then I will need a way to anchor the whole thing to the floor of the van in case of an accident.  Any suggestions?
I'm also planning to use some of the wood for building a cabinet or shelving in the back of the van.  I've looked at a million build outs on the internet but I want something very simple.  I'll probably take a trip or two before actually building out the kitchen area in hopes of discovering what will work best for me.
Last but not least, I must find a part time job to support my travels.  I'll worry about that later.
Great to be back on here.
Everyone have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I've returned the twin mattress. It was too long to allow for a kitchen area. I'll post van pictures when I have more to report. Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete