Wednesday, July 29, 2015

MORE RAMBLINGS

Well, the Adkins diet didn't last long, about 3 days was my limit.  On Sunday the 19th I had my children & grandchildren over for dinner and that blew the diet.  On the bright side I have lost 3# since my last post.  So, at least I'm headed in the right direction.
The plans for the minivan are coming along even if I haven't actually done any work.  Just measuring and shopping around for items to make curtains.  It's too hot and humid right now to sleep in it but I want to have it ready for a trip this fall.  I saw a blog about a woman getting ready to travel in a mini van but I can't find it now.  She has a mini van with a tent that attaches to the back of the van.  I clicked onto her site through someone or something else I was reading about so I'll have to do some research to find it again.
My mother is looking to buy or rent a house in the same area where I live.  Right now they live about 3 1/2 hrs southwest of here.  We've looked at retirement homes but they are just too expensive.  My step father is in poor health and my mother is struggling with walking because of osteoporosis in her spine.  What prompted her desire to move closer to my brother and I was having shingles and pneumonia a couple of years ago and not having any help available in her small town.  While there are more health care and home care advantages here I'm just not sure she would like moving.
Does this effect my plans?  Not really sure.  It would be very hard to leave town if she needed me here.
My mother has always been a very adventurous person.  She was the first person I knew that owned and drove an RV.  She loves travel and drove through all 48 states and cruised Hawaii and Alaska.  She's been to Mexico, South America, China, Ireland, Germany and a few other countries.
That's enough rambling for today I better get back to work.
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment