Thursday, August 21, 2014

TRAVELING ALONE

I've been giving the fulltime RVing a lot of thought.  I've been thinking about type of tow vehicle and type of trailer.  I've been researching Casita and other travel trailers.  Then last week I started thinking about traveling alone.
I've never given it a lot of thought.  I love to travel.  I've taken short trips by myself for a night or two but I've never camped alone.  I've tent camped with my children and traveled with friends. Whenever I've thought of traveling I saw myself driving from destination to destination but never really saw myself sight seeing alone.  Very interesting, I may have to rethink this fulltiming plan.
I decided to go hiking alone and that was a failure.  It was only a 1 mile trail and I only went about a quarter of the way before turning around.  There were ticks and spider webs and it was hot and humid.  I never think about these things when hiking with other people it's just part of the experience.  Not a very good showing for my first experiment in hiking alone.
Maybe I should buy a van and try a couple of week long trips before I waste money on the RV.  In the mean time I am working  on getting my house ready to sell by next summer.  I'll be ready no matter which route I settle on.

Here's a little touch of Ireland from our 2007 trip


No comments:

Post a Comment