Saturday, October 15, 2016

NEW ADDITION

My plan was to adopt a dog I could travel with when the time was right.  However, my daughter found a puppy on Petfinder that she had to go see.  Of course the one she was interested in wasn't there so she found a cute Chihuahua and Dachshund mix that she fell in love with.  She convinced me to go look at this dog.  Nyla is not what I wanted in a pet.  Nyla is 7 yrs old, afraid of the leash and doesn't want to get up until about 9am.  By 9am Georgie and I have already gone for 2 walks (a short one while it is still dark and then about 1 or 2 miles after daylight). 
At least she is no trouble in the mornings.  When we get up she goes out to potty with Georgie and when she comes back in the house she goes straight to her cage and goes back to sleep.  While I make coffee and walk with Georgie she sleeps, only getting up when I start fixing breakfast.
She is too excited once she gets up to put on a leash but in the evenings if I set on the floor and work with her with treats she will eventually let me put the leash on  her and then we go out for a short walk.
Her favorite spot on the couch.

Nyla with the big ears

Something moved over there



Georgey will check it out

 

 
 

Deciding who gets to pee in this spot first

No comments:

Post a Comment