Friday, August 14, 2015

LOOKING FORWARD

August 14, 2015
I'm not sure when I became so disorganized but I have noticed on the last few trips I've taken I'm scrambling at the last minute to get everything together.  Last night at the grocery I walked around in circles trying to decide what to take with me this weekend.  Finally decided to go home and make a decision about how I was going to be cooking before buying food.
I considered eating out,  using the electric hookups to use my coffee maker and a small electric grill, or buying a small propane stove.  For what I would spend eating out I could buy a small stove and I don't want to wait for my morning coffee.  In the end I have decided to just use the electric hookups for coffee and grill.  With that decision made I can buy groceries.  I'm planning to take a couple frozen hamburgers, a container with some lettuce and tomato slices and buns for dinner Sunday and lunch Monday.  For breakfast I'll take some bacon to cook on the grill and either boiled eggs or maybe make an omelet that I could warm on the grill.  I've always loved a big breakfast when camping but I'll keep it simple for this trip.
It costs $5 more for a site with electric hookups but I will need a fan since it is suppose to get into the 90's on Sunday.  Overnight it is only going down to about 77 still plenty hot and humid for sleeping.  I'm hoping by running the A/C to cool down the minivan before bedtime and using the fan to move the air, maybe it won't get too hot to sleep.
When I first started planning this the forecast called for cooler and dryer weather but in our area the weather changes every few days.  I could cancel and wait until fall but I want to get this first camping trip under my belt so I can move forward with my plans.  I have plans for setting up the minivan better but I'm too cheap to spend the money if I hate camping in it.   If I enjoy this trip I know I can make the van even more comfortable.
Can you tell I'm getting excited?  The last time I went camping was 30 years ago, with 3 children and a tent.  The girls and I got pretty good at building fires and we had fun most of the time.  However, I made a lot of mistakes and it always rained on us at least one night during our trips.  When you live in Kentucky no matter how hot and dry it has been if you put up a tent it WILL rain.
Time to get to work.
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment